My Tasty Keto Bread . 美味生酮包

My Tasty Keto Bread . 美味生酮包 
                   
One of my blog followers texted me and asked if I had a tasty recipe of Keto bread, I said no, I didn't have, but I would be happy to study if I could find any recipes which I thought were feasible and most importantly, delicious.


I have then read on some of the Keto bread recipes, and found that some of them needed special ingredients like Xanthan Gum that are not easy to find in the regular household, and some of them using a lot of egg whites. I knew that egg whites without sugar would smell and taste not pleasing.  So I decided to write my own recipe based on my knowledge of food science,and gave it a try  on my first Keto bread. The outcome is very satisfactory, and I would say it's yummy as I ate two slices right after it's done from the oven.


網上一位朋友給我發了短訊,問我是否能分享一個美味的生酮麵包食譜。哈哈,其實我還沒吃過生酮麵包呢!不過我倒愛研究,就看看我能否做到一個好吃又可行的食譜吧。

在網上讀了一些生酮麵包食譜,發現其中一些材料如黃原膠,不是容易在普通家庭中找到;而有很多食譜又用了大量的蛋白。 據我經驗,沒加糖的高份量蛋白食譜會帶出一種不大愉悅的味道, 所以我決定根據自己對食品科學的認識,編寫自己的生酮麵包食譜, 並試著去造我的第一個生酮麵包。

可幸,成品味道一如所料: 可口美味,我很滿意。這個生酮麵包一出爐,我就連吃了兩片呢


My Tasty Keto Bread

Loaf Pan size: 24cm x 13cm x 7cm

Ingredients:
Egg yolk   80g (approx. 4 pieces)
Oil   40g
  • Egg white   80g (approx. 2 pieces)
  • Cream Cheese  100g
  • Almond Flour 100g
  • Baking Powder  7g
  • Salt  2g

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 190°C
2.  Separate the egg yolks and whites in two bowls and use the amount suggested
3.  Beat the yolks with oil till pale and fluffy
4.  Beat cream cheese till smooth
5.  Beat the egg whites until peak
6.  Add the almond flour, baking powder and salt to the egg yolk mixture and mix well, then mix in cream cheese till fully incorporated
7. Fold in egg white to the batter until well mixed
8. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter
9. Bake the bread at 190°C for 30 minutes or until done with a golden crust
10. Take the loaf out from the pan and let cool

Cooking Tips:
1. I only did a small portion, but you could double it up to make a full pan 
2. Baking time for a full pan will be about 40 minutes





美味生酮包

烤盤尺寸:24cm x 13cm x 7cm 

材料: 
蛋黃   80g (約 4 pcs)
油      40g
蛋白   80g (約 2 pcs)
奶油芝士   100g
杏仁粉    100g
泡打粉    7g
鹽      2g

做法:
1. 將烤箱預熱至190°C
2. 將蛋黃和蛋白分成開,分別放兩碗,取用建議份量
3. 蛋黃加油打至蓬鬆發白
4. 另碗打鬆奶油芝士
5. 蛋白打至企身
6. 將杏仁粉,泡打粉和鹽加入蛋黃混合物中,拌勻
7 .將蛋白捲折至麵糊中,直至混合均勻
8. 麵包烤盤墊紙,倒入麵糊
9. 在190℃ 烤箱內烘烤30分鐘或至外皮金黃
10. 將生酮麵包從烤盤取出,放涼,切開,即可享用

提示:
1. 我只做了一小份,但你可把份量加倍做滿整個烤盤
2. 整個烤盤份量,要烤約 40 分鐘

Comments