Rice Dumplings/ Zongzi.....糉子

Rice Dumplings/ Zongzi.....糉子

I do not have a habit of preparing Rice Dumplings/Zongzi for the Dragon Boat Festival because I do not eat much of it.  I did not plan of doing it last Wednesday, but friends and relatives kept asking me if I would make the rice dumplings, or where could they get tasty rice dumplings.  I, then suddenly made up my mind and got all the ingredients Thursday afternoon and did all the wrapping on Friday afternoon, and then totally 69 rice dumplings came out from the big cooking pot at 02:00 am last Saturday, just about the right time to deliver and send most of the dumplings a day and half before the festival....Relatives said that they did not believe that I did it within two days....hahaha!

我過往並沒有為端午包糉子的習慣,因為自己吃得不多。上星期三我還沒想過要包糉子,但著實太多親朋戚友問我今年會包糉子嗎?又問我去那裡買到好吃的糉子?星期四下午決定去買包糉子材料,星期五下午包;星期六零晨二時,六十九隻糉子終於煮好出鍋了,也趕及在大節前一天半把糉子送到親友手....他們都說難以想象我可以在兩天內把整個過程連買材料、製作和送贈一氣呵成地完成....有趣!








Comments